Target: we work with young people to help them become the next generation of leaders, visionaries, and peacemakers.
Our Youth Services committee works to provide opportunities for young people in and around Hitchin:-
- To work in teams, challenging the mind whilst developing skills with Technology Tournaments, Rotary Youth Exchange and Rotary Youth Leadership Awards
- To help young people discover and develop their own personal skills, grow their self-esteem and enjoy themselves in the process – RotaKids, Interact, Kids Out or supporting existing clubs such as Herts Young Carers
- By recognising outstanding work in the community – Youth Competitions including Young Chef, Youth Speaks and Young Citizens Awards
- Youth Services has also forged extensive links with local schools,,and other youth organizations to promote service above self; and to provide vocational service. We are especially proud of Hitchin Boys School and the projects they have completed, their Shelterbox Fun Run being a real highlight.
- Working also to help families and young people in the community by our heartfelt fund
Moved from Scotland and lived in Hitchin for 25+ years. Married to Catherine and have 3 ‘kids’. Live in Hitchin and run own international consultancy business. Trustee of a number of charities and been a member of Tilehouse for 5 years. Dislike corporate Rotarianism (gongs, T-shirts, process rather than the result……..) Like working with children’s’ charities/projects as a good leveler from corporate business, having fun, not taking myself/things too seriously.
Lived in Hitchin for 27 years, with 2 beautiful daughters and a lovely husband; now have 2 delicious grandchildren. I was a founder member of Tilehouse and love it’s slightly irreverent approach and for the fantastic opportunities and projects that we get involved with. Along with meeting some wonderful people, dislike pomposity and would like to have dinner with David Attenborough one day
together with PR representatives, Stewart Green & Tony Marron
Contact us for more information on firstname.lastname@example.org